Prevailing prayer requires meditating on God’s word.
- When I pray about everything (without worry), asking God for what I need and thanking Him for what He has already done, I will experience peace and live.
- Prevailing prayer also means my motives are in check even while I enjoy, without abusing, the pleasures He gives me. Those pleasurable gifts in turn will serve and honor God.
- Prevailing prayer will always seek to glorify God in the answer. I must be cautious of selfish motives that may play out in my prayers. I must always put God first!
Vision for Prayer (a house of prayer)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Always be joyful.
- Never stop praying.
- Be thankful in all circumstances.
- Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.
- Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Opportunities (immersed in prayer)
1. People need the Lord
3. Council and the Ministry Boards
- Safety team
- Prayer ministry
- Spiritual outreach
- Global Missions
- Local outreach
- Church growth
- Inside maintenance
- Exterior maintenance
- General property
- Vehicles & equipment
- Discipling ministries
- Group gatherings
- Reasons to celebrate
- General and special giving
- Endowment Funds
- Record keeping